Your Georgia Desk
From Senator Judson Hill
Remembering Veterans Day
Please remember our heroes and their families today and throughout the year. It is through their courage and sacrifices that our security and our freedoms are guaranteed.
There is a poem I am sure you have likely seen before, but I want to share it with you again. It summarizes well what we owe our Veterans. May God continue to bless our Veterans!
- It is the veteran, not the preacher, who has given you freedom of religion.
- It is the veteran, not the reporter, who has given you freedom of the press.
- It is the veteran, not the poet, who has given you freedom of speech.
- It is the veteran, not the protester, who has given you freedom to assemble.
- It is the veteran, not the lawyer, who has given you the right to a fair trial.
- It is the veteran, not the politician, who has given you the right to vote.
- It is the veteran, who salutes the Flag, who serves under the Flag, whose coffin is draped by the Flag.
We must always remember that we are but one generation away from losing our freedoms as freedom is not inherited, but preserved one generation at a time.
Please thank our soldiers, sailors and airmen and their families for their service and sacrifices to perserve freedom for Americans.
Whether you have served or now serve in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, elsewhere around the world or here at home, we honor and applaud you and pray for you.
May God continue to bless America!
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you!
Senator Judson Hill