I’ll be dealing with this in tomorrow’s morning email, and quite possibly beyond that. But for now, Mark Rountree of Landmark Communications, the pollster for WSB-TV responds to this AJC article.
An AJC article is out tonight saying that polls were off in Georgia. Actually, no, and this premise is not correct.
Here are the actual election results. Our poll results are on our website at LandmarkCommunications.net (#1 and #2 below copied from AJC article)
#1. GOVERNOR’S RACE POLLING:
Election Results: Nathan Deal-R 53 percent; Jason Carter-D 45 percent
**Landmark Communications Poll: Deal 51 percent; Carter 45 percent
SRBI Inc-AJC: Deal 43 percent: Carter 42 percent
Survey USA: Deal 47 percent; Carter 42 percent
#2. U.S. SENATE RACE:
Election Results: David Perdue-R 53 percent; Michelle Nunn-D 45 percent
**Landmark Communications Poll: Perdue 50 percent; Nunn 46 percent
SRBI Inc-AJC: Perdue 45 percent; Nunn 41 percent
Survey USA: Perdue 47 percent; Nunn 44 percent
• Landmark correctly nailed in Georgia the GOP surge that surprised many other pollsters across the country.
• Landmark nailed the Democratic candidates’ numbers essentially on the head (actual was 45% for both, we had them with 45% and 46% respectively).
• Landmark quite accurately nailed the Libertarian numbers (2% & 3%).
• Landmark also reported the GOP candidate numbers very close to the mark — it’s pretty hard to get much closer than what we released in our final poll.
• Landmark also had undecideds lower than anyone and ran with the call.
I want to make sure my friends Kerwin Swint and Paul Bennecke have this information. Both of you do great work, and I want you to have these results, as well.