Historic Campbell County, Georgia Courthouse

Campbell County Courthouse Fairburn GA 3

Campbell County existed from 1828, when it was created by the Georgia General Assembly from land formerly in Carroll, Coweta, DeKalb, and Fayette Counties. In 1931, it was combined with Fulton and Milton Counties to create the current footprint of Fulton County. The Campbell County Courthouse still exists in Fairburn, Georgia, and has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 1976.

Campbell County Courthouse Fairburn GA 2

Campbell County Courthouse Fairburn GA 1

Citations:

Wikipedia article on Campbell County, Georgia
GeorgiaInfo on Campbell County
Wikipedia article on the Campbell County Courthouse

One thought on “Historic Campbell County, Georgia Courthouse

  1. Pingback: Georgia Politics, Campaigns and Elections - Georgia Pundit

Leave a Reply